Saturday, April 2, 2016

Ups and Downs

The camping weekend was fun. I finished the top I started last year. Now to get it quilted. We couldn't have asked for better weather. We filled up the hummingbird feeder and within a couple hours one bossy little male Allen's hummingbird claimed it as his own and was chasing away any other males that came close. Came home Easter evening in time to put together a stripped-down holiday meal of ham and scalloped potatoes. Gotta keep some of the traditions….

Monday -- back to reality and worse. I woke up and went to get out of bed and my back went out. Fortunately the walker was parked in the bedroom as I couldn't even get to the bathroom without it. I have a hitch hiker;  if it has wheels Simba will ride:


Tuesday -- Happy birthday :-(  DH brought me flowers and a gluten free pizza for dinner as I couldn't go out. Oh well -- I've had many birthdays so I really don't need any more. Pain pills and muscle relaxants helping with the pain. I even got caught up on the Circa 2016 and 365 Challenge.

Splendid Sampler #13

Now it's Friday and I can finally get around on my own again. I'm so glad to be working on something different for the 365 challenge. I'm doing flying geese all around the enter medallion rather than half sawtooth as shown. It just looked too uneven to me.

Hoping for an even better tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment