Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Nice Surprises

I can't believe it -- I've gone two days without sewing a single stitch! Saturday I caught up with Splendid Sampler and 365 Challenge.



I'm really disappointed to see we're back to making little dark blocks again in 365 challenge. I thought we were done with those and was looking forward to making the 6" blocks in lighter colors. Getting weary of those dark colors. Besides I was using scraps and I've about exhausted the dark reds and blues .



Sunday we met my Daughter at the orchid show. I had some jade plants and other succulents for her so I was happy it was a cloudy day and the plants would be fine in the car while we were at the show. We enjoyed the show immensely and spent more than we should have. I bought 6 small plants; two that will hang on the bathroom wall, and several for the shelves alongside the kitchen window. After the show we went out to the parking lot so I could give her the jade plants and she takes a huge crate out of her car and says "Happy Birthday!" I about fell over; eight big, beautiful orchids plants in that basket. I'm blessed to have her as one of my own.


They are in the sewing room until I can find a safe place for them. I have a spot in the backyard in mind for an orchid bench that will work good until the fall and cooler weather when I will have to find a cat-proof place in the house.

Speaking of cats, here is Kipling laying in his favorite sunny spot in the morning:




Gotta warm up that tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment