Sunday, March 13, 2016

Retreat Report

Retreat was wonderful. It was at Mercy Center, a convent (or maybe an ex-convent, not sure) and had nice immaculate private rooms (bathroom down the hall) and the food was good; excellent salmon  Friday night and yesterdays stew and biscuits looked and smelled delicious even thought I couldn't eat it due to my gluten allergy.  No worries -- I aways bring alternative food for situations like this. Friday I put together charity quilt top, my "guilt quilt" -- once I had that done I could feel free to work on whatever I wanted.



My 18th charity quilt; I hope some little girl enjoys it.














I sat with three of my sewing buddies. Kind of bittersweet since it will probably be the last time we will all be together as two of them are moving. We had a great time and even sneaked off for a couple hours to the nearest quilt shop.


Our big well-lit room with view of rain and wild turkeys. Two of my friends busy at work; I think the other one was taking a nap. Two of us are night owls and probably wore her out. I think it was about 2 am when I got to bed.


After completing the charity quilt I played with my Frivols and finally got up nerve to start putting together the Gypsy Wife quilt. It sure requires a lot of space to lay out everything and total concentration to get all the strips in the right places but I think I can do it.


1 comment:

  1. Your retreat sounds wonderful. Maybe your friends who are moving might make the special trip back for the retreat so you can catch up over quilts. Your charity quilt is such pretty colours, perfect for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete